Loading...
06-08-1896 VCM Filed June 3, 1896: Bill of Wm. Iliff, $15.62 Filed June 3, 1896: Bill of E.P. Howard, $5.00 VILLAGE OF ELK RIVER COUNCIL MEETING June 8, 1896 Council met at Chas. S. Wheaton’s office at 8 o’clock P.M. Present: Chas S. Wheaton, President; J.F. Lewis, A. Bailey and Fred Hildreth, Trustees; Andrew Davis, Recorder. J.F. Lewis and Fred Hildreth was appointed a committee to confer with a committee from the towns of Burns and Ramsey in regard to a road. The following resolution was presented and on motion adopted: Resolved, that the sum of thirty-five dollars be appropriated in payment of the share of the Village of Elk River for maintaining a free ferry across the Mississippi River (known as the lower ferry) for the month ending May 26, 2896, order payable to Luther Hare. The following bills were presented and on motion allowed: E.P. Howard, $5.00 William Iliff, $15.62 J.H. Williams and Dr. N.K. Whittemore were appointed members of the Board of Health, N.K. Whittemore for three years and J.H. Williams for two years. No further business appearing, on motion meeting adjourned. Andrew Davis Recorder