10-28-1896 VCM
Filed September 7, 1896: Bill of Frank M. Wallace, $.50
VILLAGE OF ELK RIVER COUNCIL MEETING
October 28, 1896
Common Council met at Chas. S. Wheaton’s office at 2:30 o’clock.
Present: Chas S. Wheaton, President; Fred Hildreth; Andrew Davis, Recorder.
The following bills were presented and on motion allowed:
Frank Brown services as Marshall, $25.00
H.J. Herbner, nails, $.92
H.L. Mitchell & Co., oil for village lamps, $2.33
Frank M. Wallace, work on bridge, $.50
M.A. Wheaton, nails for village, $6.28
Luther Hare, work on ferry hill, $1.50
The following resolutions were presented and on motion adopted:
Resolved, that the sum of fifty dollars ($50.00) be appropriated in payment of the share of the
Village of Elk River for maintaining a free ferry across the Mississippi River (known as the lower
ferry) for the months ending Sept. 26 and Oct. 26, 1896, order payable to Luther Hare.
Resolved, that the sum of fifty dollars ($50.00) be appropriated in payment of the share of the
Village of Elk River for maintaining a free ferry across the Mississippi River (known as the uppery
ferry) for the months ending Oct. 3 and Nov. 3, 1896, order payable to Jos. McDonald.
Resolved, that the sum of forty-seven dollars ($47.00) be appropriated to the town of Elk River to
be expended on the Filch Hill. Order payable to D.R. Houlton, Chairman of Supervisors.
th
No further \[business\] appearing, meeting adjourned to Wednesday at 7:00 o’clock P.M. the 4 day of
November.
Andrew Davis
Recorder