08-19-1940 VCM Special
VILLAGE OF ELK RIVER COUNCIL MEETING
August 19, 1940
A meeting of the Council was held Aug 19, 1940 with all members present.
A motion was made by Frank Nickerson seconded by G.A. Bailey to extend a 4 in water main on
Thomas Street from Line Street to the property which is owned by Leo Demars or as far as the
water committee think best.
A motion was made by Frank Nickerson seconded by Geo Cornelius to put in two highdrants on
corners of Lewis and Thomas street and the other on the end of the water main. Motion carried.
It was decided to have Gene Chase make a survey and the clerk call for bids for the work from
Middlelstadt Bros and Henry Arnold from Princeton.
Wm Frye asked permission to move two small cottages that he has on his farm east of the Village
and put them on the lot west of the Elk River Emmanuel Lutheran Church. It was decided to have
Geo Cornelius and Wm Greupner go out to Frye’s place and look over these buildings before
permission would be granted.
No further business, meeting adjourned.
Wm H Greupner M.C. Tesch
Clerk Pres