Loading...
07-21-1941 VCM VILLAGE OF ELK RIVER COUNCIL MEETING July 21, 1941 A regular meeting was held at the Municipal Bldg on July 21, 1941 at 8:00 P.M. Members present: M.C. Tesch, Pres; Frank Nickerson, E.L. Shadick, and G.A. Bailey, Trustees; J. Clinton Walker, Clerk Chas. Gaspodor applied for a milk license. After some discussion, E.L. Shadick made a motion to grant Chas Gaspodor a milk license to expire Jan 1, 1942 and that he should be charged 50 cents for the six month period. G.A. Bailey seconded the motion and the motion carried. The clerk was instructed to write to the League of Municipalities for information on a pasteurized milk ordinance. Mr. George Nelson applied for a permit to build a frame house 25 ft by 30ft, 1 ½ stories on his lot 4 block 4 W.H. Houlton’s addition. A motion was made by Clinton Walker and seconded by Frank Nickerson granting this permit. Mr. G.A. Pepin applied for a permit to build a frame house 28 ft by 30ft on his lot the 60ft south of the north 90 ft north of south 30 ft of lot 5 and 6, block 1, Houlton’s addition. A motion was made by G.A. Bailey and seconded by E.L. Shadick granting this permit. Mr. Ernest Nelson applied for a permit to build a frame house 26 ft by 28 ft one story on his lot 5 block 4 Houlton addition. A motion was made by G.A. Bailey and seconded by Frank Nickerson granting this permit. The Library report for the year ending July 1, 1941 was read by Mayor Tesch. A motion was made by Clinton Walker and seconded by Frank Nickerson approving the report. G.A. Bailey was appointed acting mayor during Mayor Tesch’s absence. No further business. Meeting adjourned. J.C. Walker M.C. Tesch Clerk Pres