Loading...
04-24-1920 VCM VILLAGE OF ELK RIVER MEETING CITY COUNCIL APRIL 24, 1920 Special meeting of the village council held at the office of the Elk River Lumber Co on Saturday, April 24, 1920. Members present J.H. Virgin, President, Bert Carr, Trustee, Chas Selhauer, Trustee, D.W. Longfellow, Trustee. Meeting called to order by the President at 8:00 p.m. It was decided by the Council that the following hydrens \[sic\] be changed. Hydren \[sic\] on Minnesota St be changed to Park St and from Thomas Street to Main Street to West corner of School house lot on corner of Hope and Main St. Motion made by D.W. Longfellow seconded by Chas Selhauer that water main be extended to corner of Elk St and Lyon St east to Minnesota St on Minnesota St to Depot St. John Hamlett represented a petition to the Council to extend the water main from Main St 1213 ft on Minnesota St then across out look and to Park St 760 ft then North on Park St 100 ft to corner of Main St. This petition being rejected by the council. It was decided by the Council that all peddlers should have licenses before they can sell goods of any kind and it was decided that a charge of $8 a day be paid by any peddler before he or she can sell goods in village. The following bill was allowed Phelps Drake Co for the amount of $9,214.85 and a warrant issued for same # warrant. No further business. Meeting adjourned. “Signed” J.H. Virgin, President Bert Carr, Acting Clerk