07-01-1924 VCM
VILLAGE OF ELK RIVER MEETING CITY COUNCIL
JULY 1, 1924
A regular meeting of the Village Council was held on Monday evening July 1, 1924
Present – Roland K. Wilson, Pres, Geo Cornelius and L.L. Bishop, Trustee and W.F. Chadbourne
Clerk
Meeting called to order by the Pres at 8 o’clock P.M.
Reading of the minutes dispensed with.
Mrs. O. Carron and daughter appeared before the Council and asked that the grading on Park St.
from Main Street thro. Hastings Addition be completed after some discussion the matter was
referred to the Com. On Streets and Parks.
It having been reported to the Council that several parties had provided themselves with service box
wrenches to close the valve connecting with their meters. The Clerk was instructed to call their
attention to the Ordinance regulating same.
The attention of the Council was called to an obstruction on Quincy St consisting of a Hay Press
and Equipment and asked that it be removed by Party owning same. Clerk instructed to notify party.
The following bills were presented and on motion allowed and Clerk authorized to draw warrants
for same.
Harold Keays flowers in park 18.45
W.E. Brown, C.E. Plank and Russell Breaton, Bert Ayers labor establishing grade on Park St. 11.40
Ernie Baufield labor on water main 3.50
First Nat. Bank Premium on Ins 83.58
Peter Jacob damages for water overflow 62.50
Fournier Drug Co fumigators 4.00
Badger Meter Co meters 120.89
E.R. Power and Light Co repairs 12.80
Riverside Garage labor on sprinklers 4.00
F.M. Plant assessing 200.00
Daniel Hjerpe blacksmith work 32.84
Star News printing 3.00
Waterous Engine Co suction hose 106.50
Fred Ayers fire chief attending fire 41.00
No further business on motion adjourned.
W.F. Chadbourne, Village Clerk