10-05-1925 VCM
VILLAGE OF ELK RIVER MEETING CITY COUNCIL
OCTOBER 5, 1925
Regular meeting of the Village Council was held at the Library Room on Monday October 5, 1925
Present – Roland K Wilson, Pres, Geo Cornelius, L.L. Bishop, B.E. Fournier, Trustees, W.F.
Chadbourne, Clerk
Meeting called to order by the Pres at 8 o’clock P.M.
The following bills were presented and on motion allowed
Charles Roggatz street work 8.75
Fred Ayers reading meters 5.00
E.R. Power and Light Co repairs on siren 63.75
Star News printing 4.00
E.R. goods (old bill) .40
John Noreen tapping main E.R. Power 2.00
Barrett Co tarvia 110.00
Daly Auto Co rent and repairs 12.56
W.H. Clements road work 44.00
A. Ousley road work 6.00
Caley Hdw Co 500 ft fire hose 500.00
The following budget was presented to the council as necessary to finance the Village for the year
1926
Revenue 8000.00
Music 500.00
Special Inst 3500.00
Poor 400.00
Library 400.00
Road and Bridge 1500.00
Resolved that the above budget be accepted as presented and tax levied to meet the required
amounts. Adopted by a unanimous vote the council realized that the above amounts levied for
Revenue is in excess of last year but thought it good policy to try and clear up the outstanding
orders.
In regard to the city scales the Village have rec’d no revenue from the scales the past two years and
the state inspector having notified the Council that he had condemned the same until repairs were
made. It was thought best to dispose of them. A motion was made and seconded that the council
sell the scales with the understanding that they be moved to some other location. L.L. Bishop
Trustee was appointed to look after the scale. Motion declared carried.
The N.P. Ry asked permission to clear the branch road on the north side of the Babcock crossing as
being considered dangerous. On motion consent granted, Council voted to cut off the cement walk
at the corner about 2 ft making the term more safe.
No further business meeting adjourned.
W.F. Chadbourne, Village Clerk