06-07-1926 VCM
VILLAGE OF ELK RIVER MEETING CITY COUNCIL
JUNE 7, 1926
Regular meeting of the Village Council was held on Monday at the Library Room June 7, 1926
Present – Roland K. Wilson, Pres, Geo Cornelius, L.L. Bishop, EE Scott, Trustees, W.F.
Chadbourne, Clerk
Meeting called to order by the President at 8 o’clock P.M. Reading of minutes dispensed with.
A request was made from the N.P Ry Co that the Council give their consent to have the watchman
at the Babcock Crossing removed and some automatic contrivance installed in place.
On motion duly made and declared carried by a unanimous vote the request was not granted, as the
Council deemed it for the best interest of the Public that there be a man to flag the crossing.
Clerk instructed to notify the N.P. Ry Co of their action.
On motion the sum of 25.00 was allowed the Fire Dep’mt as expnse of attending the firemans
convention at New Ulm.
The following bills were presented and on motion allowed:
Standard Oil Co book for gas fir eng. 10.00
Odegard-Hoglund Co oil 1.10
First National Bank premium on ins 43.38
E.R. Power and Light Co installing new lights 31.10
H.R. Caley Hdw Co holes used on street 2.85
W.H. Clements street work 74.25
Lee Stayback scales 15.00
E.R. Fire Depmt attending fires Caley and Kastendedt 18.00
Fred Ayers labor water works 11.00
Geo E Page fumigating 8.00
Maurice Goodwin tapping main 3 lines 6.00
E.R. Meat Market goods for M Dawson 9.94
Clerk was instructed to order repairs for meters. No further business meeting adjourned.
W.F. Chadbourne, Village Clerk