Loading...
04-09-1913 VCM VILLAGE OF ELK RIVER REGUALR MEETING CITY COUNCIL APRIL 9, 1913 A regular meeting of the Village Council was held on Wednesday evening April 9, 1913. Present: Charles F. F{illegible} President, F.M. Plank, Ed Keegan and E.E. Scott Trustees, and W.F. Chadbourne, Clerk. The following bills were presented and on motion allowed. J.E. Haulet - freight, dray, gasoline - $18.05 Elmer E. Schott – 2 ½ days {illegible} and {illegible} at E.R. Bridge - $10.00 Henry Bargbon, street lighter reported 31 lights in good order, 5 needed repair and that the village needed 3 new lamps. On motion the clerk was authorized to order 3 new lamps. M.K. Iliff appeared before council in regard to city scales complaint having been made that city weights always run short. The Pres. Approved F.M. Plank and Ed Keegan a com. To investigate and report at next meeting. On motion the clerk was instructed not to grand a renewal of pool table license to Grove Malrupe. In regard to replacing {illegible} at north end of bridge over Miss. River {illegible-illegible} having prepared plans for {illegible} on motion it was voted to send C.F. Fiman and W.F. Chadbourne in company with Charles W. Babcok to the office of State highway com. And confer with the engineers in regard to the matter. On motion Dr. Geo. E. Page was approved Health office for the present year. Moved and carried that the council pay Harold Keays the {illegible} of fifty dollars to {illegible} flowers and care for park this summer. The clerk was ordered to advertise for bids for painting bridge over Miss. River. Labor only the Village to furnish paint. E.E. Scott and Ed Keagan were appointed Street Com. No further business adjourned. W.F. Chadbourne, village clerk No other business, adjourned. W.F. Chadbourne, Clerk