01-14-1914 VCM
VILLAGE OF ELK RIVER COUNCIL MEETING
January 14, 1914
A regular meeting of Village Council was held at the Office of Charles F. Firman Pres Wednesday
evening Jan 14, 1914.
Present: C.F. Firman Pres, F.M. Plank, Ed Keegan, and E.E. Scott Trustees and W.F. Chadbourne
Clerk.
Visitors CS Swanson Co Aud, F.N. Nickerson C surveyor, H.A. Fryer, Chairman Town board. C.M.
Babcock, Chairman State Highway Com.
Meeting called to order by Pres at 8:00 p.m.
Miss Frye Nickerson, Swanson, and Babcock came before the Council in reference to changing State
Road passing thro. The Village from Nords crossing to the Chadbourne crossing from the north
side of R.R. to the south side thus avoiding both crossings in going to and from the cities. After
some discussion in regard to the method of procedure the Pres. appointed Trustee F.M. Plank, E.E.
Scott and Ed Keagan a com. To confer with owners in regard to securing the right-of-way with the
least possible cost and delay.
C.M. Babcock Pres. H. Com was instructed to see the officials of G.N. Ry in regard to securing a
strip from their right of way in to our not using the above mentioned crossings they being
considered very dangerous crossings.
The following bills were presented and on motion allowed and orders drawn for this amt.
C.M. Babcock rent of House 1913 60.00
J.E. Hamlet draw and et 45.20
Patterson St lighting co 70.20
John Bither watching bridge 14.00
Ed Healy tools 1.25
Bill of Duly Hdw Co recd and laid on table for further investigation.
No further business adjourned.
W.F. Chadbourne
Clerk